Now is the time to jump-start your career with Darden Architects. We look for innovative, professional people with the core values of passion and integrity. Darden Architects hires motivated and talented individuals who are ready to take their abilities to the next level. If you are ready to become part of this team that excels in architecture, planning and interiors, Darden Architects wants to talk to you.
Darden Architects is seeking an experienced individual to join our staff and provide Architectural services for healthcare facilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Project management
- Coordination and preparation of design development, and construction documents for small to large size projects
- Resolving code and agency approval issues
- Reviewing shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document compliance
- Communicating and coordinating with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations.
Candidates must have excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills and possess a strong desire to excel and advance in a fast paced, challenging and client focused environment. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement within a well-established architectural firm. Compensation is $78,000 + Depending on Experience level and Licensure.
- Architectural degree required.
- Architectural License preferred.
- ACHA certification is a plus.
- Experience with OSHPD.
- 5+ years of experience in acute care hospitals, advanced diagnostic and treatment environments, and ambulatory clinics.
- Guiding and managing the design team is a responsibility of this position.
- The ability to create and implement design concepts and continue the development through all design phases is required along with the ability to work well in a design team environment. Experience with building codes that are applicable to healthcare facilities.
- Ability to use REVIT, SketchUp or other 3D Modeling, Animation, Rendering computer graphics programs a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations, OSHPD building officials and vendors.
- Ability to create and implement design concepts through all phases.
- Ability to work well in a design team environment.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
Why should IDP awards matter to motivated design professionals?
Since 1991, the IDP Outstanding Firm Awards program, administered by the NCARB/AIA Internship Advisory Committee (IAC), has recognized firms who actively embrace the Intern Development Program (IDP) and demonstrate a commitment to emerging professionals by making the path to licensure an integral part of the firm’s culture. In 2008, the program expanded to recognize “IDP Firms” that meet twelve essential criteria in the categories of Mentoring, Supervising, Training Opportunities, Commitment to IDP, and ARE Support. Darden Architects was recently awarded the 2014-2017 Intern Development Program Firm Award. Darden Architects was one of only 16 firms nationwide that received the award, the only firm in California’s Central Valley, and one of just three firms in California. Our firm knows that industry standards change with time and is committed to providing an environment that fosters professional growth and continual learning for our staff. Weekly lunch presentations, nearly all of them AIA Continuing Education Unit approved, are selected to build the emerging professional’s knowledge of the latest products, technology and standards. This creates a uniform body of knowledge among the employees to produce well-coordinated drawings, and a forum in which to discuss master specification and construction document issues. Darden Architects supports continued professional development even after licensure. Through our collaborative processes and informative presentations we encourage staff to be always learning.