Now is the time to jump-start your career with Darden Architects. We look for innovative, professional people with the core values of passion and integrity. Darden Architects hires motivated and talented individuals who are ready to take their abilities to the next level. If you are ready to become part of this team that excels in architecture, planning and interiors, Darden Architects wants to talk to you.
Darden Architects is seeking an energetic hardworking individual with a Graphic Design background and strength in page layout, graphics, and possibly architectural project visualizations.
The graphic design position will support the architects and design leadership by assisting in the development of presentations, and developing and retouching project visualizations. Visualizations will range in style from photorealistic project renderings to informational diagrams illustrating design features. This scope of work may even include design for wayfinding, logos, branding, supergraphics, signage and other project elements.
The graphic design position will support the marketing manager in responding to request for qualifications and proposals from potential clients. The scope of this work will include page layout, development of informational graphics, photo editing, hard copy binding and shipping.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development of visual content for design award submittals
- Assist with social media posts on Instagram, twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Periodic updates to website content and blog
- Periodic updates to master informational documents and project records
- Video recording and editing
- Assist with firm advertising, holiday cards, and client gifts
- Miscellaneous design tasks including event invitations, infographics, icons, etc.
Education, skills, and experience:
- College degree in Graphic Design, Architecture, or related field
- Highly-proficient with Adobe creative suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Proficiency with SketchUp, Lumion, REVIT and other design programs is a plus
- Ability to work in a “modern professional” design style
- Task oriented and organized
- willingness to tackle even basic tasks efficiently
- Ability to prioritize concurrent tasks from different supervisors based on deadlines and importance
- Experience with social media is a plus
- Experience with multimedia and video editing is a plus
Fill-Time, In-Office, Salary commensurate with experience.
Why should IDP awards matter to motivated design professionals?
Since 1991, the IDP Outstanding Firm Awards program, administered by the NCARB/AIA Internship Advisory Committee (IAC), has recognized firms who actively embrace the Intern Development Program (IDP) and demonstrate a commitment to emerging professionals by making the path to licensure an integral part of the firm’s culture. In 2008, the program expanded to recognize “IDP Firms” that meet twelve essential criteria in the categories of Mentoring, Supervising, Training Opportunities, Commitment to IDP, and ARE Support. Darden Architects was recently awarded the 2014-2017 Intern Development Program Firm Award. Darden Architects was one of only 16 firms nationwide that received the award, the only firm in California’s Central Valley, and one of just three firms in California. Our firm knows that industry standards change with time and is committed to providing an environment that fosters professional growth and continual learning for our staff. Weekly lunch presentations, nearly all of them AIA Continuing Education Unit approved, are selected to build the emerging professional’s knowledge of the latest products, technology and standards. This creates a uniform body of knowledge among the employees to produce well-coordinated drawings, and a forum in which to discuss master specification and construction document issues. Darden Architects supports continued professional development even after licensure. Through our collaborative processes and informative presentations we encourage staff to be always learning.