Now is the time to jump-start your career with Darden Architects. We look for innovative, professional people with the core values of passion and integrity. Darden Architects hires motivated and talented individuals who are ready to take their abilities to the next level. If you are ready to become part of this team that excels in architecture, planning and interiors, Darden Architects wants to talk to you.
Darden Architects is seeking an Architect or Emerging Professional to provide skilled project management.
Job activities include:
- Project Development (Client goals and objectives, budget, schedule, scope development)
- Planning and Design.
- Project Management.
- Design development and construction documents preparation using REVIT.
- Coordinating consulting engineers’ work.
- Liaison with authorities having jurisdiction to review construction documents.
- Evaluate contractor submittals, RFIs and substitutions to ensure they meet architectural design and specification requirements.
- Meet with contractor during construction to evaluate progress and mitigate any issues
Education, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- DSA or OSHPD experience preferred
- California Architectural license preferred.
- Proficient in the use of building information modeling (BIM) software. REVIT is preferred.
- Knowledge of SketchUp and/or Adobe Creative suite is preferred.
- Applicant must work well as part of a group and embrace opportunities to learn.
This is a full-time position in our Fresno, CA office.
Salary commensurate with experience
Why should IDP awards matter to motivated design professionals?
Since 1991, the IDP Outstanding Firm Awards program, administered by the NCARB/AIA Internship Advisory Committee (IAC), has recognized firms who actively embrace the Intern Development Program (IDP) and demonstrate a commitment to emerging professionals by making the path to licensure an integral part of the firm’s culture. In 2008, the program expanded to recognize “IDP Firms” that meet twelve essential criteria in the categories of Mentoring, Supervising, Training Opportunities, Commitment to IDP, and ARE Support. Darden Architects was recently awarded the 2014-2017 Intern Development Program Firm Award. Darden Architects was one of only 16 firms nationwide that received the award, the only firm in California’s Central Valley, and one of just three firms in California. Our firm knows that industry standards change with time and is committed to providing an environment that fosters professional growth and continual learning for our staff. Weekly lunch presentations, nearly all of them AIA Continuing Education Unit approved, are selected to build the emerging professional’s knowledge of the latest products, technology and standards. This creates a uniform body of knowledge among the employees to produce well-coordinated drawings, and a forum in which to discuss master specification and construction document issues. Darden Architects supports continued professional development even after licensure. Through our collaborative processes and informative presentations we encourage staff to be always learning.